CHRISTIAN DELL LIGHTS
Dell was born in Offenbach in Germany. From 1907-11 he studied silver forging studies at the academy, going on to study at the Saxon college of arts and crafts in Weimar. From 1922-25 he worked in a metal workshop at the Bauhaus in Weimar, changing his studies to the Frankfurt art school (Städelschule). After World War II, Dell manufactured silver goods and opened a jewellery shop in Wiesbaden in 1948. He operated the shop until 1955. In 1926 Dell began to sketch lights, at first for the New Frankfurt-project. As an early industrial designer and pioneer of plastic design, Dell used bakelite and aminoplastics as materials for his works. Dell's lights are now extremely well known made by lamp factory Gebr. Kaiser & Co. in Neheim Hüsten beginning in 1933-34, which were produced in large quantities. Dell's most well known work is the Kaiser lamp series, based on a swivel joint and characteristic dome. The lamps were originally made from steel and brass, with the lampshades hand painted in high gloss. The lamps today are recognized as one of the most famous lighting designs that evolved from the Bauhaus era. For inspiration on ways to use these lights and style inspiration please visit our Pinterest Board. To read more about Christian Dell please visit our blog article.
There are no products matching the selectionThis is a custom CMS block displayed if category is empty.
You can replace it with any custom content.